Current Resources – Inspiration From The Field
Treatment for Flu Symptoms
Contagion – MW p. 228
“Common consent is contagious, and it makes disease catching.”
“Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High thy habitation; there shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.”
“A calm, Christian state of mind is a better preventive of contagion than a drug, or than any other possible sanative method; and the “perfect Love” that “casteth out fear” is a sure defense.”
“At a time of contagious disease, Christian Scientists endeavor to rise in consciousness to the true sense of the omnipotence of Life, Truth, and Love, and this great fact in Christian Science realized will stop a contagion.”
SH p. 153-154, 176, 220, 392
“Thou shalt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee.”
“Obeying his precious precepts, – following his demonstration so far as we apprehend it, – we drink of his cup, partake of his bread, are baptized with his purity; and at last we shall rest, sit down with him, in a full understanding of the divine Principle which triumphs over death.”
“Mind-science teaches that mortals need “not be weary in well doing.” It dissipates fatigue in doing good. Giving does not impoverish us in the service of our Maker, neither does withholding enrich us. We have strength in proportion to our apprehension of the truth, and our strength is not lessened by giving utterance to truth.”
“God rests in action.”
“When we reach our limits of mental endurance, we conclude that intellectual labor has been carried sufficiently far; but when we realize that immortal Mind is ever active, and that spiritual energies can neither wear out nor can so-called material law trespass upon God-given powers and resources, we are able to rest in Truth, refreshed by the assurances of immortality, opposed to mortality.”
“The highest and sweetest rest, even from a human standpoint is in holy work.”
“Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled.”
“How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.
They shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness of thy house; and thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy pleasures.
For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.”
“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.”
“We need a clean body and a clean mind,- a body rendered pure by Mind as well as washed by water.”
“Feed the hungry, heal the heart, Till the morning’s beam; White as wool, ere they depart, Shepherd, wash them clean.”
“Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.”
“Will-power is capable of all evil. It can never heal the sick, for it is the prayer of the unrighteous; while the exercise of the sentiments – hope, faith, love – is the prayer of the righteous. This prayer, governed by Science instead of the senses, heals the sick.”
“Jesus never taught that drugs, food, air, and exercise could make a man healthy, or that they could destroy human life; nor did he illustrate these errors by his practice. He referred man’s harmony to Mind, not to matter,…”
“Mind is the master of the corporeal senses, and can conquer sickness, sin, and death. Exercise this God-given authority. Take possession of your body, and govern its feeling and action. Rise in the strength of Spirit to resist all that is unlike good. God has made man capable of this, and nothing can vitiate the ability and power divinely bestowed on man.”
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” -Margaret Meade
“The effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.”
That’s us, that’s our church, our congregation, our members, our movement – praying together to eradicate evil.
“God is everywhere, and nothing apart from Him is present or has power.”
God is everywhere – in China, Egypt, Italy, Middle East, Africa, USA, on every continent on the face of the earth.
Nothing apart from Him– no virus, sickness, disease, fear, anxiety, is present or has power.
“Evil is nothing, no thing, mind, nor power.”
“Everything in God’s universe expresses Him.”
From our friends at CedarS Camps…
Join us in a Global, round-the-clock Prayer Watch! extending a CedarS tradition—Now for World Health 2020 (WH-20)!
Grow your “treasures of Truth and Love” with a spiritual sense of “sanitizing”, “social distancing”, and “quarantining”. CedarS Board of Trustees and staff have been exchanging inspiration in response to our prayers about the world’s current events. I’m sharing this uplift for further dissemination and you are invited to forward it to anyone you think would be blessed by joining us.
[Anonymous CedarS Camps Board Member:]
Earlier this week, I took some time to pray and listen for a right idea about some of the claims and so-called precautions that seem to be the focus of conversation among friends and co-workers, including concepts of “sanitizing”, “social distancing”, and “quarantining”. The answer to my prayer came in the form of questions:
With regard to the concept of “sanitizing”: Am I cleansing my thought, scrubbing away the fearful and false beliefs of disease, and wiping away any acceptance of material and medical so-called laws? Am I admitting into consciousness only pure and healthy thoughts that come to me as the Christ-idea voicing good and only good?
“Social distancing”: Am I “distancing” myself from the carnal mind’s hypnotic reports (suggestions) of confusion, dread, fear, and chaos? Am I claiming my true identity as the perfect child of God, wrapped safely in the arms of Love, constantly protected from any false sense of separation and harm?
“Quarantining”: Am I quarantining myself in Christ Jesus’ closet (Matt. 6:6) where I can shut the door (on fearful, anxious suggestions) and pray to my Father in secret knowing that He will reward me openly? Quarantining in “the secret place of the most High” (Ps. 91) “under the shadow of the Almighty” where there is “no evil” and where no “plague [can] come nigh [my or anyone else’s] dwelling”?
It became clear to me that I (and we all) have the Divine right and Divine authority to answer all of these questions in the affirmative. I will endeavor to exercise that Divine authority. Please join me!”
“CedarS Prayer Watch” tradition has been effective and enthusiastically supported each session for over twenty summers: While it has been engaged in primarily by all parents who can participate while their children are at camp, we lovingly request that you continue CedarS 24-hour-a-day Parent Prayer Watch tradition. One way to take part would be to find the first letter of your last name beside an hour of the day in the list below. Then watch with us one hour — the hour assigned to you (whenever you begin). Each successive day, please move down three hours, as we seek to more evenly rotate the watch. So, if your last name begins with H like ours, please pray with us the first day of the session between 9 and 10 p.m.; the second day from midnight to 1 a.m.; the third day from 3 to 4 a.m.; etc.
(With the worldwide reach of time zones there’s no need to synchronize our “watches” on “CedarS Time” or abide by the schedule below—Just do it on God’s time and we’ll all be blessed and well covered!)
A=2-3 pm G=8-9 pm M=2-3 am T=8-9 am
B=3-4 pm H=9-10 pm N=3-4 am U=9-10 am
C=4-5 pm I=10-11 pm O=4-5 am V=10-11 am
D=5-6 pm J=11pm-12am P=5-6 am W=11 am -12 pm
E=6-7 pm K=12-1 am Q-R=6-7 am X-Y=12-1 pm
F=7-8 pm L=1-2 am S=7-8 am Z=1-2pm
Many of you may have schedules that won’t allow you to conform to the chart. Some may have to set an alarm to wake up, watch and pray in the middle of the night. More important than following the chart’s set hours is setting aside quality time in the spirit of daily affirming God’s care of our children. But thanks for being receptive to watching with us an hour each day. Those willing to sacrifice an hour of sleep can affirm: “The highest and sweetest rest, even from a human standpoint, is in holy work.” And, that not the bed, but “The consciousness of Truth (c.o.T.) rests us more than hours of repose in unconsciousness.” (S&H 519: 28; 218:7).
To help you affirm that “All is well” during your hourly “mets” and daily watches, there are audio “Prac Talks” on our website, as well as the following ideas and citations that you may wish to explore and cherish with us:
1. Reinforce your prayers by affirming the truths that Mary Baker Eddy states in her article on “Contagion.” It’s full of relevant inspiration, as well as the promise that “A calm, Christian state of mind is a better preventative of contagion than a drug, or than any other possible sanative method; and the ‘perfect Love’ that ‘casteth out fear’ is a sure defense” (Misc. Writings 229).
2. Rejoice in the Passover, whereby, through full obedience to God’s commands, the Hebrews were (and we are) marked, or set apart, and completely protected from all plagues that would attempt to “come nigh thy dwelling” (Ps. 91, all of it). Deny any suggestions of contagion, irritation, or disease. Also, Heb 11:28, John 13:1-17, Misc. 228:30, and S&H 176:31.
3. Discover Timeless Priorities for this Prayer Watch, by studying: Matthew 6:33; Hymn 455; Science and Health 55: 22; 4:3; 497:3.
4. Review God’s guidance in the founding, naming and work of CedarS (Ps 92: 12-13 & Ps 104:16-17) and in the explanation of its purpose (Isa 35:2-10). To hear an excellent articulation of CedarS 5 Fundamentals by alumni staff Merrill Boudreaux, C.S. go to cedarscamps.org/metaphysical/
5. Give retroactive treatments, as needed, to yourself (and for your children). Even bad memories are amenable to Christian Science healing. A blessing cannot leave a scar. Phil 3:13, 14; Eccl 3:15.
6. Affirm with us that a Christian Science approach to healing is “faster, higher and stronger” than any other method. Like a Defense Attorney, we treat each individual as innocent. The Scientific Statement of Being declares that “All is infinite Mind and its infinite manifestation, for God is All-in-all” (S&H 468:9-15). Let’s experience and prove the allness of our spiritual being as God’s perfect, whole, and beautiful children. We have many resources with which to overcome challenges and claim our true identity — just look at Christ Jesus’ example (Mark 9:35-37). Remember these Biblical promises: that God’s creation is done, completely perfect and good, ever unfolding to our perception; that His Word accomplishes that for which it is sent; that His Word is made flesh and provable now; that His Christ is here, speaking to each one; that His “will be done in earth, as in heaven.” (Lord’s Prayer, Matthew 6:10)
7. Continue prayerfully “on the same page” with us by visiting cedarscamps.org/metaphysical/
**Check out a new resource of 50+ online videos at cedarscamps.org/videos/ and Blogs being added each week now of outreach suitable for children (of all ages) and families at home. Included here are past Freedom Talks, Practitioner Talks & a series of reenactments of skits written for stories in the Christian Science Bible Lessons….
Ever divinely embraced with you since “His habitation high is here and nigh, His arm encircles me and mine and all!”
(Mary Baker Eddy, Poem/Hymn 212 and others)